Simple present


Use

1) repeated actions

My friend often draws nice posters.

2) things in general

The sun risein the East.

3) fixed arrangements, scheduled events

The plane flies to London every Monday.

4) actions in the present - one follows after the other

First I get up, then I have breakfast.

5) instructions

Open your books at page 34.

6) with special verbs

understand English.

Signal words

every day, often, always, sometimes, never

Form

infinitive (3rd person singular he, she, it: infinitive + -s)

Examples

Affirmative sentences:

read books.My brother reads books.
We sing pop songs.She sings pop songs.
play handball.John plays handball.

Negative sentences:

You must not negate a full verb in English. Always use the auxiliary do for negations.
I likecomputers.
Ilikecomputers at all.

My friendlikescomputers.
My mumlikecomputers at all.

Questions:

Use the auxiliary do.
Do you play football?
Does he play football?

0 comentarios: